Friday, June 10, 2011

delphiniums and snow flakes...

It's 4 weeks today until I return to beautiful York for 3 months of sourcing vintage treasures to ship to Australia and sell over the summer market season. I can't wait to return to that skinny Victorian terrace just outside the city walls and to be reunited with my One-And-Only who has been keeping the home fires burning in the UK for the past two months.

Yesterday he sent me a photo of the delphiniums flowering in our shoebox garden...


I am crossing my fingers that the delphiniums are still in flower by the time I get there! When I was in York at the beginning of the year this was the view of the garden...


...Snowy, magical and oh-so-cold! As an antipodean girl I adored the snow and my very first White Christmas. But now as the season has turned frigid and lonely in Melbourne I am counting sleeps until I see my first English Summer and My Love waiting for me in the arrivals hall...

Gooey or what!!

3 comments:

Lyndel said...

Gooey..? yep, sure is, but that's what love is about. Hope you have a wonderful trip back to York

OP SHOP MAMA said...

Yay a reunion.. that's exciting.
Nice to be able to flit between the 2 places in some respects, I'd imagine!

have a happy weekend!

Jackie said...

Love your shoebox garden. It is beautiful.